Keeping Your Smile Safe
Designer Smiles is excited to announce that the Alabama Dental Board has permitted us to open our doors for in-person visits again!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ve continued to be understanding and patient, and we could not be more thankful.
As we resume in-person visits, we ask for your continued understanding. It will take time to see the many patients that could not be seen during the mandated closure. If you don’t have an appointment scheduled, please call our office, and we’ll secure an appointment for you.
Our office will continue to remain open on Fridays until further notice in the effort to make up for the lost time.
The safety of our patients and team members is of the utmost importance. As our world has changed, so have our procedures and protocols.
There are many new safety protocols we’re implementing, but there are a few steps you need to know before coming to our office.
What to Expect
Watch the video, or read on to learn how the new process for appointments will look like moving forward.
- Step 1: Call our office once you arrive in our parking lot. Please remain in your vehicle, and a friendly team member will come out to the car to take temperatures. The team member will then escort the patient through the front doors of our office.
- Step 2: The team member will take the patient to the handwashing station and asked to wash their hands up to their elbows for 20 seconds and use a special mouthwash. Patients will need to brush their teeth before arriving at their appointment as the toothbrushing station is closed.
- Step 3: A clinical assistant will meet the patient at the handwashing station to seat them in the chair.
- Step 4: After the appointment ends, a team member will escort the patient to check out where they will practice social distancing and remain 6 feet back from the desk.
- Step 5: Once the checkout process is complete, a team member will accompany the patient to the back door for a safe exit.
- We will do our best to complete the appointment you’re scheduled for; however, please keep in mind that we’re following mandated regulations and protocols that may hinder procedure completion.
- Each patient is allowed one parent/guardian to accompany them for the appointment but will not be permitted to wait in the reception area. They must stay with the patient and sit with them in the clinic.
- Patients are not permitted to remain in the building once their appointment concludes; therefore, parents/guardians should not leave the patient at our office unattended. Please stay on-site so the patient can safely exit our office.
- While the patient and guardian are in the office, we kindly ask that they practice social distancing and remain 6 feet away from others.
- Please don’t hesitate to call our office at 256-237-1537 with any questions or concerns.
- If you are uncomfortable with an in-office appointment, we are continuing to offer virtual appointments for existing patients and new patients.
Again, thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you soon! Stay safe!