Keep Your Smile Straight
The benefits of orthodontic treatment will last a lifetime if you keep these important patient responsibilities in mind.
Dental Examinations & Cleanings
You should continue with proper oral hygiene procedures at home, to include thorough brushing and flossing techniques.
The patient should be seen by their family dentist at least every six months for cleanings and dental examinations.
We want your Designer Smile to last a lifetime. Ask about our Retainers for Life Insurance Program.
Once the active orthodontic appliances are removed, the patient will receive retainers to stabilize the dental correction.
Because the bone and soft tissues surrounding the teeth are stabilizing for several months after braces are removed, it is imperative that the retainers are worn as instructed.
Failure to wear the retainers may result in undesirable movement of the teeth, which could necessitate re-treatment.
Because teeth can continue to move throughout life, we feel that individuals who have undergone orthodontic therapy should wear retainers for life.
Retainers are made of a thermoplastic material that is sensitive to excessive heat, so they should be kept away from heaters, dishwashers, car dashboards or any place where the temperatures exceed 115 degrees(F).
The retainers should be cleaned before and after placement in the mouth. Because the material used for fabrication is slightly porous, plaque tends to cling to the surfaces.
Gentle scrubbing with a toothbrush and a mild liquid soap will remove the plaque.
Our goal is to help your smile stay beautiful and healthy for a lifetime. Your cooperation is essential in order to achieve this goal.
We Stand By Your Smile
Here at Designer Smiles by Benton, we stand by our work. Once you complete treatment with us, your smile is 100% guaranteed - for life!
No matter how many years have gone by or how your teeth have shifted, you will never pay full price for orthodontic treatment in our practice again.
If you notice that your teeth are not as straight as they used to be, come back to us.
We’ll set your smile straight for $189 down and $189 per month until you are once again happy with your smile. It’s that simple!
Things to Remember
1. Don't fold it in your napkin or leave it on the table at a restaurant. Garbage cans don't make happy hunting grounds.
2. Don't put your retainer in your pocket. You might sit on it and break it.
3. Take your retainer out when swimming in a lake or ocean. If it falls out you may not be able to find it. The same goes for a swimming pool depending on the size of the pool.
4. Please make sure your retainer is in your mouth at all times. Your retainer should only be out of your mouth when brushing or eating.
5. Your lower retainer may be a fixed retainer bonded onto your teeth. It is not considered permanent and can be broken or detached from your teeth, if you are not careful with it.
6. Bring your retainers to your check-up appointment. If anything happens to your retainers (i.e. it doesn't fit, it's broken, or it's lost) please call us ASAP. If your lower bonded retainer wire comes out, keep it and bring it in at your next appointment for rebonding.
7. The first set of retainers is included in your treatment fee. Any repair, replacement of your retainer, or rebonding of your lower retainer will be additional and charged to your account.
8. Keep things clean! Be sure to brush your teeth without your retainers in. Do not boil your retainer or put it in hot water. Brush your retainer with a toothbrush using toothpaste or water.