Dr. John B. Benton Jr., D.D.S.
Dr. Benton has lived and practiced orthodontics in Calhoun County since 1985.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology from Louisiana State University and continued at LSU’s School of Dentistry, where he received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery Degree and Certificate in Orthodontics.
Dr. Benton is board-certified and was the first orthodontist in Calhoun County to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. He was also the first to bring the innovative Damon Braces System to Calhoun County.
Outside the Office
Dr. Benton is married to his wife of 38 years, Judy Benton. They enjoy spending time with their children and their families: Barry, Brittain (Brooklynn and Olivia), Andrew and CJ, and Greg and Alina.
Dr. Benton enjoys fishing around the world in such places as Alaska, Russia, the Amazon River, the Bahamas, Venezuela, Argentina, and in lakes throughout Alabama.
“Providing our patients with a smile they can feel confident about is very satisfying and enjoyable. The process of diagnosis and treatment planning is an aspect of orthodontics I have always loved!” - Dr. Benton
- Met his wife of 38 years at a convenience store in Destin, Florida on spring break
- Achieved a fly fishing grand slam. (permit, tarpon, bonefish all in one day!)
- Favorite jelly bean flavor is cinnamon
- His uncle is a famous NFL sports agent
- Was on the track team at LSU and ran the 800 meters